These lines crossed my mind some time back, and I thought of sharing it here. We are often faced with the dilemma of choosing a path that is less stressful, among the others. Or choosing a completely different path, in order to change our lives or our situations.
If we sincerely want to take a big step to a greater goal, lots of effort is required. Thinking something, is not enough, until you act on it, or until you put your thoughts into actions.
I am taught from an early age by my beloved mother:
- No pain no gain.
- No game without risks.
Doing something big always involve risks, in taking some steps we hesitate, and become confused. And we a re forced to think again and again the same point where we are stuck, thing causes confusion in our mind, and we loose our confidence. This in turn closes our mind for rational thinking, or stops us from analyzing the situation in a positive manner.
After we cross this stage of turning our sails in a favorable direction we succumb to lack of motivation, and become tired of pushing harder in the direction of our goals.
Wait and just think. if you keep on doing that and keep on saying that you are tired of putting efforts and nothing fruitful is coming out. You are making your self believe that you can not do more. Don’t send these negative messages to your mind. Because it will act the way your believe system is developing.
Choosing something for ourselves is not that much of a problem for most of the people, staying motivated and persistent is the main problem, that most of us face. If you start having doubts about your selection, fear of future or its results, will sweep in. This believe will make you feel trapped, and you will not be able to focus on the matter at hand.
- Keep yourself motivated by realizing and making yourself believe that it will work out eventually, even if it not working the way you want it to right now.
- Take one step at a time, and consider it as a great milestone.
- Don’t be scared of the results, if you start concentrating how it will turn out, you will never be able to give it your best.
- Concentrate on your goals and your plan of action.
- Never let anyone put you down.
- Do not take approval from people who do not understand your vision.
If you have your eyes on your goals, and are determined for achieving something, which really matters to you, you will never fail.