Mindfulness is a non judgmental awareness of your inner self and your outer world. Observation of your thoughts, your emotions, the bodily reactions, understanding of your attitudes, your personality and sensations.
- Sit down and relax in a position which is comfortable for you.
- Try to focus, and take deep slow breaths.
- Close your eyes if you want to, it help you in connecting with your inner self.
- Now start by becoming aware of your sensations with each breath you take.
- In order to focus, you can also count your breaths.
- Relax your body as you exercise the breath counting technique.
- Become more peaceful and relaxed in your breathing stage.
- Awaken your senses.
- Listen to noises around you, and absorb them.
Try out other mindfulness activities too, like mindful eating, mindful awareness, mindful listening, mindful walking and many more things. The key is to concentrate to the present, to what you are doing at that time, becoming aware of who you, and completing yourself.