We find it difficult most of the time to manage our stress and are unable to cope with situations that keep on arising especially when we are on job.
This workshop that I gave to the teachers for managing stress can be found on the link that I am posting. Simply click on the link and go through the presentation.
The PDF copy of the presentation is here:
STRESS MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
WORKSHOP ON PREZI
You may find yourself frequently in situations that are troublesome, to demanding, pull on your nerves, pushes you to your nerves end, unbearable, stressful, anxiety provoking, or depressing.
USEFULNESS OF COPING STRATEGIES:
Every situation bring forward a different set of coping mechanism, that you can put into use, in order to deal effectively with the current situation, which is bothering you. It is important that you find out the right set of coping strategies that works best with your needs and your present situation. positive coping mechanism helps in tackling with the hand-on challenges effectively, making you more prepared and strong, while you find out ways to deal with the stressful situation.
EFFECTIVE COPING STRATEGIES:
Some strategies are based on long term, short term, relief while others focus on increasing your confidence, preparing you to be strong, while some increase your motivation levels. the coping strategies help in defusing the stress and anxiety level, your apprehensions and upsetting emotions. Maturity is also an ruling factor in coping, the more mature and realistic you are the more effective your coping style would be. Coping strategies are behavioral patterns that we analyze and learn according to our requirements. People develop positive coping mechanism to have a better life and face difficulties and problems in an effective manner. Stay away from negativity, and negative coping mechanism, as they are harmful in the long run, like engaging in emotional eating, gambling, irrational thinking, drugs, denial of situation etc.
- analyze the situation, the current circumstances will define what strategies to apply.
- ask for help, form someone you trust, who understands you, or a professional help.
- give yourself a time out, and try to relax in that time.
- learn form your mistakes and try not to commit it again.
- be honest to your feelings and emotions. Understand what you are going through and how you feel for it.
- learn and practice mindfulness.
- develop skills to deal effectively with others.
- develop management techniques.
- engage in healthy activities, sports, exercise, hobbies.
- develop patience.
- develop an insight.
- learn to laugh often.